Experience The Easing Of Back and Joint Pain With Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care has become a go-to solution for many kinds of health concerns, especially those associated with spinal concerns. Given their focus on the skeletal structure and its strength and flexibility, many people have wondered if it can help with joint concerns. Chiropractic has been found to be a useful treatment for certain types of joint pain, with some patients finding effective care and relief of their symptoms.
Your Nervous System Is The Foundation Of Chiropractic Care
The fundamental theory behind chiropractic care is that an unimpeded nervous system is key to helping our bodies function to their best ability. As the major highway for our nervous system, it makes sense that chiropractic care focuses on our spine. But there is more to chiropractic than just spinal care and adjustments. Chiropractic care is comprised of a number of techniques and treatments that can help with various concerns, including your joints. Some of these techniques include:
- HVLA SMT – High-Velocity Low-Amplitude Spinal Manipulation Therapy is what most people think of when they think of seeing a chiropractor. Through this method, your chiropractor manipulates a joint past its normal range of motion to make needed adjustments. This is accomplished through quick, forceful thrusts.
- Joint Mobilization – This process involves moving the joint through a series of motions within its range of motion. Where restriction of the normal range of motion is found, problems are identified.
- Massage and Stretching – These basic techniques focus on the muscles that support our skeletal system.
- Heat and/or Cold Therapy
- Electrostim – Using a TENS unit, mild electrical pulses are delivered to muscles and nerves to stimulate them, addressing certain nervous issues. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
- Ultrasound – This technique uses sound to ease swelling and pain in soft tissue and joints.
Using these techniques, your chiropractic care provider can address a broad range of musculoskeletal concerns, including those affecting your joints. Some of the health concerns that chiropractic care can help address that is related to the joints include:
- Osteoarthritis – Some causes of osteoarthritis have been shown to be able to be treated effectively using chiropractic care, such as joint misalignment. While unable to restore lost cartilage, it’s possible to slow or prevent further wear.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – This form of arthritis is unable to be directly treated through chiropractic care. However, as an auto-immune disease, it’s possible that chiropractic’s ability to boost immune function may aid in easing symptoms.
- Other Joint Issues – Outside of the above two concerns, treatment of joint concerns with chiropractic care is more direct. Soft tissue injuries resulting from improper use, overuse, or accident can be addressed.
Find Out If Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Joint Concerns
The best way to determine if your joint concerns can be helped through the use of Chiropractic care is to speak to your medical professional. Through the combined efforts of your chiropractic specialist and other medical professionals, you may be able to find a treatment that improves the quality of life, reduces symptoms, and speeds recovery. Call and arrange to meet with a chiropractor today!